• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It has been over 2 yrs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdeet30

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

About 3 years ago, I was robbed at gunpoint at my job. After we were robbed at gunpoint, the guy made us get on our knee's and he stole our purses and of course money from the store. we were made to stay at work. We couldn't close the store & we were not offered any type of counseling. I have been traumatized by it, have since left this job (2 yrs ago) & only in the past 6 months have been receiving therapy that I am having to pay for. I got hooked on med's just to numb the memories, that may sound like an excuse but it really isn't. I will never forget the guys' face. He was never caught & still has all of my information. He stole my purse that had all of my kids' information, my personal info, etc. I started out by taking pain meds that I had around the house. Then I started taking more & more. I eventually started making false loans at work (the same position) to pay for my drug habit. I got caught but paid back every cent & wasn't prosecuted. I have since been diagnosed with PTSD, anxiety & depression. Is there any way that the company can be held responsible?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even if there could have been initially, and it's quite unlikely that they could have, it's too late now. The statute of limitations has run out.

LeeHarveyBlotto

What did the company do wrong? I'm sorry for what happened but it seems to me that the sub-human scum are to blame, not your former employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">