• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do (Help)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littlepods

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? probate in Oklahoma
My grandfather just passed and the will states that the everything be sold
and divided equally amongst his 3 children but my mom passed last year also.
What does this mean? What should I do in getting my mothers inheritance or
can I even do anything? please help! p.s. the will was written in texas in the early 80's if it matters.

curb1

Generally, a will has instructions what to do in your case. Some wills pass the assets to the deceased (your mother) estate, and some don't make that provision. Who is the executor of the estate? Ask him/her. Do you have a copy of the will?

littlepods

No I don't Just talked 2 my uncle and he said that it all be divided equally amongst all his children. so I don't know. he said my other uncle has allready hired a realitor to sell everything, but he is the executor so I guess thats his choice.

curb1

What are you saying? Did they (the executor/personal representative) agree to give you part of the estate, or not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">