• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sznquin

Texas
I was fired from my job of 9 months of employment. I had left working in the hospital after 10 yrs of employment with the last 4 spent in the ER. I wanted a less stressful job and I found that at an assisted living facility.
I was called in to work extra on 12/08/08 and worked 12 hrs after my count was finish I went home and was called back in to work the following evening. When I came in I counted my side with employee going off. We finishe she left and the other 2 employees counted their side. They disovered a whole card missing of loratab a narcotic. The Director of Nursing had to be called in drug test given and all our purses search. narcotics not found. I worked my shift & left after shift .I was called back in about 3 hrs later to meet with administator and DON they asked how I counted the narcotics and I stated that I count pills on card and tell the person looking in the book the amount I have to see if it matches. They informed me the person in the book tells me what the amount should be on card then Im suppose to verify it by counting pills so they stated to me since state has to come in they have to let me go for not following procedure.
I need to know if I have a wrongful termination case

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, you do not. A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were terminated for a reason prohibited by law, which is not the case here. They may legally let you go if they believe you were not following procedure and/or if they believe you were responsible for the missing narcotics, even if they are mistaken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">