• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trl2325

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama
i have been under a doctors care since october 31,2008. my doctor has had me off work on fmla and now short term disability.when i last saw my doctor 12/23/08 he told me to come back to see him in two months and he would decide then if i could return to work.he was to fax another set of short term forms to my employer stateing that i was to remain off work until he saw me again at the end of feb.well my doctor did not understand the paper work for continuing short term disability and on jan 9,2009 fax my employer that i could return to work intermititly. my doctor never contacted me about this,so i was called by my employer on 01/21/09 to come in for a meeting the next day.on 01/22/09 i was fired from my job for no call no show. i have explained the whole situation to my doctor and he does not feel like it is his fault i lost my job of four years.does anyone have any answers for me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">