• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Due I have legal recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teachinguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I am a teacher with 20 plus years experience. I was working in North Carolina as a professional development trainer, providing training for teachers in class management and instructional strategies. I was recruited to a Tennessee school system classroom position. I am not being advised that the current position may not be available to me next year due to the difference in my instructional style and that of the local model. I have assured my supervisor I am willing to adopt local strategies but that such major adjustments take time. My question is, due I have legal recourse against this system as I was recruited here from gainful ongoing employment?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I am a teacher with 20 plus years experience. I was working in North Carolina as a professional development trainer, providing training for teachers in class management and instructional strategies. I was recruited to a Tennessee school system classroom position. I am not being advised that the current position may not be available to me next year due to the difference in my instructional style and that of the local model. I have assured my supervisor I am willing to adopt local strategies but that such major adjustments take time. My question is, due I have legal recourse against this system as I was recruited here from gainful ongoing employment?
**A: why are you not being advised?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Do you have a contract that guarantees you employment for a specified time period?

If so, does it list specifically what you can and cannot be termed for?

If so, is this listed?

teachinguy

Tenure Track

Tenure track positions only offer automatic renewal after three years. My question is as I was actively recruited from a tenured position do I have legal recourse?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My question is as I was actively recruited from a tenured position do I have legal recourse?

If you insist on an answer to that question without answering mine, the answer is no, you do not have legal recourse. Having been recruited from a tenured position does NOT make it illegal to terminate your employment.

Now, if you want more than a general answer and one that is specific to your situation, you will stop harping on "yes or no - do I have legal recourse" and answer my questions.

ecmst12

We don't appreciate being expected to pull teeth to get the information we need to answer your question.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your attitude is not appreciated.
Nor is yours.

Since I have answered your question to the best of my ability based on the limited facts you've presented, and since you apparently are not willing to provide any additional facts which might be relevant to the situation, as far as I am concerned my answer stands. You can pay a lawyer to answer any additional questions.

teachinguy

ignore list

Now that negative nellies cbg and ecmst12 are on the ignore list, does anyone aware of any proactive or positive suggestions. Also, I'm especially interested in your thoughts if you have any experience with educational contract law. An if you do, you will also be aware teachers are not provided with individual copies of blanket contract and thus do not have access to all the specifics of such.
Thank you, and God Bless.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Now that negative nellies cbg and ecmst12 are on the ignore list, does anyone aware of any proactive or positive suggestions. Also, I'm especially interested in your thoughts if you have any experience with educational contract law. An if you do, you will also be aware teachers are not provided with individual copies of blanket contract and thus do not have access to all the specifics of such.
Too bad you alienated the people who would be helping you.

Indiana Filer

Well, as a licensed teacher who has worked on contract negotiations, my answer is...oh, wait a minute, you were extremely rude to two of the most knowledgeable volunteers in contract law. I guess you'll need to hire an attorney to find out the answer you could have gotten for free here.

Perky

Hmmm.... I have a copy of MY contract, and yes, I'm a teacher too.

I'm wondering if your attitude might have something to do with that difference in "instructional styles" your principal mentioned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">