• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Asked To Quit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkgruff

Pennsylvania- My job has asked me to quit a couple of times now. I will not quit because I know that I would then not be eligable for unemployment benefits. I read on google.com that I should seek legal advice from a lawyer. Does anyone have any tips or anything that could help me with this situation?

HomeGuru

Pennsylvania- My job has asked me to quit a couple of times now. I will not quit because I know that I would then not be eligable for unemployment benefits. I read on google.com that I should seek legal advice from a lawyer. Does anyone have any tips or anything that could help me with this situation?
**A: that's interesting. I never knew a job could ask to to quit unless the name of the company or employer was named Job. Maybe you should read some passages from the book of Job.

xylene

Your job is trying to shaft you out of unemployment.

Refuse to resign unless presented with a severance package that exceeds the value of unemployment.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is not illegal for your employer to ask you to quit.

It is not illegal for you to refuse.

It is not illegal for the employer to then turn around and fire you.

ecmst12

A "resign or be fired" ultamatum will usually be interpreted as "involuntary termination" by the unemployment board.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
But if pressuring you to quit doesn't work, the next step may be firing you for something that disqualifies you for unemployment compensation. Watch your step.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">