• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JMKF

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
My daughter 16 received a ticket marked Improper Parking on Roadway. She was parked in a residential area, as far off the road as she could go. The officer said she was not far enough over. There was snow and ice. There are no signs posted for no parking. There is a small shoulder. The homeowner that lives right there told us that the Village tried to build these up, but it drops off rather sharply there. My husband and I showed up at the scene where the officer (as we show up) tells us he is giving her a ticket, gives it to her and her friend and tells them to leave. (two vehicles were parked there) Now this is my question. Her ticket does have a vehicle on it, but not one we own or have ever driven.
(they switched all the vehicle info on the two tickets)
Will the vehicle mess up be enough to dismiss it?

patstew

Her ticket does have a vehicle on it, but not one we own or have ever driven. (they switched all the vehicle info on the two tickets) Will the vehicle mess up be enough to dismiss it?
Does each ticket have personally identifying information, or (as is typical for a parking ticket) just vehicle information? 'Cause it sounds like you might have just been handed each other's tickets, which would be fixable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">