• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No will and Niece moving into fathers mobile home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doinitfordad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My father recently died on January 13th, he left no will. I have one other sibling who has been estranged from the family for over 25 yrs...her daughter was raised by my father and lived in the mobile home until last year..she is 27. This mobile home is located in a mobile home park and he is the only one listed on any lot rental agreement. My niece has in the 2 weeks since my father died, changed the locks and moved back in. I cannot do anything because I am not the executor yet...so is the mobile park home responsible to secure that property until the probate court appoints me? How do I get her out, and what happens if she removes property or damages anything? Also because it is winter in new england I have to leave the heat and water on...who is responsible for the bills she is incurring right now.? We do not know where to turn, the police say that they can't do anything because we are not the legal owners and right now the park manager is supposed to be checking with their lawyer but she seems to be passing the buck too...what do we do? Thanks:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">