• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ADA????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Laura35Lee

I have a disability which I disclosed before I was hired. The company I work for has a strict attendance policy. I have missed several days of work due to disability related illnesses and issues, which I had covered with doctor's excuses. I have been passed up for promotion on two occasions, for which I was told my attendance was the reason. Tomorrow I will be returning to work after being off sick for a week with pneumonia, I don't want to lose this job, however, I don't think it's fair that I have been discriminated against due to my disability and illness.
My company has promoted another disabled employee with absences, setting a precedence. Is there any action that I can take to protect myself from being fired?
This employment is "at will". I live in WV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">