• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i Be Fried for having a tattoos?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jason6869

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live in New York City Queens. I have been working as a porter for three months? and one of the board member Had me fired because i had tattoos and he did not like for for a porter/doorman.
Can this be done and a reason. The two's i have are on my arm one of a cross with sons name and Brithday. and one is a word for the bible proverbs 8:17

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live in New York City Queens. I have been working as a porter for three months? and one of the board member Had me fired because i had tattoos and he did not like for for a porter/doorman.
Can this be done and a reason. The two's i have are on my arm one of a cross with sons name and Brithday. and one is a word for the bible proverbs 8:17
Yes...

Reason?

Had me fired because i had tattoos and he did not like for for a porter/doorman.

eerelations

I don't think they can legally fry you (what would that be called - azssault with deadly oil?), but they can certainly fire you...and that would be legal.

You Are Guilty

If you're a member of 32-BJ, you have some protection, but you'll have to file a formal grievance first. If you're not a member, then time to start looking for another job where they don't mind tats.

Jason6869

If you're a member of 32-BJ, you have some protection, but you'll have to file a formal grievance first. If you're not a member, then time to start looking for another job where they don't mind tats.
I am a member of local 670 and there are trying to do it for me so i can be fired in nyew york state for havign a tatoos

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">