• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parollee's P.O.R.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WiggyMaster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

A good friend of mine ,who's on parole, was thinking of renting my spare bedroom. He still had not been approved from land owner. Which would take a couple of weeks. In the mean time he wanted to keep some tools in the room until the owner O.K.'d the deal. After putting the tools in the room, he had parked in back of apt building in private driveway, he was going to move his truck back to the street when police blocked him in. They started asking the usual questions. Thinking they where just checking him out he said he lived here. After they started searching his truck and himself, because of parole, he recanted that he lived here but was thinking of moving in a couple of weeks. They said you already told us you live here so were going to check it out. Entering my apt I told them that no one lives here on parole and please leave. They ignored our protest and walked right in. To which they found drugs, etc.,etc.

Don't I have rights here? Can they say someone lives where they don't? Can they legally do a search?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">