• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights to future residual commission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Laid Off

Washington State

I was just laid off from a company where I was paid a base salary plus commission. Our commissions were residual and instead of receiving a lump payment up front we were paid a percentage of the gross income brought in each month from our efforts. My question is since the company is still bringing in money due to my efforts do I have any recourse to continue to collect commission even though they are no longer paying me a base salary?

Thanks for any help or guidance!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Do you have an employment contract that states that the commissions survive your termination of employment?

Laid Off

Nothing in writing

No unfortunetly they didn't put any of their commission information into writing. That would definitley have made it easier! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">