• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fire with out write up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garciaja

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I was fired on the 9th of Jan. from a hospital. i had privleges for both computer systems we run. I was sick and sent to the E.R and was there for sometime. when i came back to work 3 days later every one knew about it. so i went to my maneger and told him about this issue. i was told they would look into this issue. I had looked at my labs in the compuer and then weeks later we were told that the hospital would be laying people off. the next day i was fired. they were looking into my issue with people knowing about my E.R vist and saw that i had looked at my labs. i was called into the office of my maneger at 4:00 and told that i was being fired for looking at my labs. they used my complaint agenst me to fire me. i was not given a verbal or writen anything about this i did not know i could not do this. the unit clerk i work with was fired for the same thing. but she was asked by a Dr to look. i want to know if it is not ok for me to look at my labs. my D.r said that it was a breach of my civil rights? what do you think. please help me. should i seek leagle help?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, I think you should accept that you were legally terminated and look for another job. There is no law in any state requiring that you must be given a write up before you can be fired.

ecmst12

You can apply for unemployment. I think you have a good chance of getting it. I will say you probably SHOULD have known better then to look up your own labs instead of asking your doctor like a normal patient, but if you were not informed of this policy, then they can't really call it "willful misconduct".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">