• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nassau County Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scissors

NYS
I received a parking ticket in Nassau County and the officer filled in the wrong license plate number. Only one digit is wrong - is this grounds for dismissal? (I am aware that it can be dismissed in NYC)

Also, the ticket was for parking within 30 feet of a stop sign. Although, underneath the stop sign was a regulation sign that said no stopping in front of the location of the sign. Because of the regulation sign, I figured I can park behind it, since the arrow was going in the opposite direction. - Can I appeal on the grounds that the regulation sign was giving special instructions that I followed?

Please help asap...thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

NYS
I received a parking ticket in Nassau County and the officer filled in the wrong license plate number. Only one digit is wrong - is this grounds for dismissal? (I am aware that it can be dismissed in NYC)

**A: no

#########
Also, the ticket was for parking within 30 feet of a stop sign. Although, underneath the stop sign was a regulation sign that said no stopping in front of the location of the sign. Because of the regulation sign, I figured I can park behind it, since the arrow was going in the opposite direction. - Can I appeal on the grounds that the regulation sign was giving special instructions that I followed?

Please help asap...thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: of course you can argue you were not wrong. Go to court and plead your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">