• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quoting Studies and Refrence material...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UltraDangerLord

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

When referring to Studies, or Reference material on a subject, discussed in court (even if commonly known) must I submit this as evidence beforehand ?

Also, Is a website/a html document/pdf document (on a disc) a valid form of evidence ?

CdwJava

When referring to Studies, or Reference material on a subject, discussed in court (even if commonly known) must I submit this as evidence beforehand ?
Submit to whom? In general, no, but you had better be able to answer any prosecution questions regarding the source and validity of the information.

Also, Is a website/a html document/pdf document (on a disc) a valid form of evidence ?
Generally, no. But, it depends on what you are trying to prove via the document and how it can be authenticated.

The laws of evidence can be very complex, and a DUI is NOT a "do-it-yourself" project.

- Carl

UltraDangerLord

The laws of evidence can be very complex, and a DUI is NOT a "do-it-yourself" project.
We'll can you site me any evidence laws in california ? I realize that its not a DIY, but its good to know these things, even if I do get a lawyer.

But for the dmv I dont have many options... unless I can find a lawyer for 500$ I'm SOL. So I might as well give it my best shot.

Jobbo

We'll can you site me any evidence laws in california ? I realize that its not a DIY, but its good to know these things, even if I do get a lawyer.

But for the dmv I dont have many options... unless I can find a lawyer for 500$ I'm SOL. So I might as well give it my best shot.
Here's the California Evidence Code: California Evidence Code - California Code - California Law - California Statutes :: Justia

In all likelihood, you will not be able to get any studies or website into evidence. Are you trying to present the materials to the jury in your case?

If you're simply trying to use them in some sort of pretrial memorandum to the judge, go nuts. Here's the recommended format for citations: Basic Legal Citation (LII 2007)

Is the charge serious? If it's a felony DUI, seriously considering selling / borrowing whatever to retain a competent lawyer - might be the smartest purchase you've made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">