• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harleymanjax

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I recently graduated from trucking school and I was hired by a large OTR company, before I went to orientation my recruiter knew that I was arrested over 3 years ago on a FTA Child Support warrant, which for some unfair reason is a 3rd degree FELONY! She told me because it was only child support related it would be no problem.

After a few weeks of on the job training I was fired due to that arrest. I got a copy of the USIS criminal history that the company used to determine my fate and it shows the arrest but under the CONVICTION heading it says NO CONVICTION! Is this legal for them to discriminate me based on an arrest for such a minor thing? Please tell me I didnt just pay $6,000.00 for a CDL I cant use because now NOBODY else will hire me due to this arrest!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">