• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you get a bond on a deferred ajudication violation in Texas?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarshallsWife

What is the name of your state (TEXAS)?

Hi. My husband was arrested in Corsicana, TX for POM, a class B misdemeanor while he was in the army. Not understanding the full implications and to avoid getting in more trouble with his sergeants he accepted a 1 year deferred adjudication for the charge. Soon afterward he was deployed to Iraq and was unable to fulfill his requirements of the DA. This was in 2004 and he never completed the deferred adjudication. Fastforward to now, he has been arrested on a criminal trespassing charge in Harris county on 12/28/08 and is being held on bond, but we cant post the bond b/c he has a hold on him for Corsicana for a probation violation of the deferred. He has been in jail now for 32 days and he was under the impression that he could not get a bond for the probation violation in Corsicana, but when I talked to an attorney she said that under Texas law they cannot hold a person with a misdemeanor (even if it is a deferred adjudication probation violation) without a bond. Can anyone tell me if this is in fact true? And if it is, would that mean we could hire an attorney to get him a bond posted in Corsicana, and then be able to bond him out here in Houston, since a bond is already set for the criminal trespass charge? Please any any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">