• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of civil rights????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gymjim949

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
I worked for a company as a salesman for 11 months. I was the second highest ranked salesman in company. The company instituted a policy where you have to memorize about eight pages of dialogue (the sales pitch) and role play with video cameras. Your performance was then graded, and if you scored below a 92% you where cut off from leads, which means no income, and you had 1 week. I sat the corporate trainer down, my sales manager, and the VP of sales and let them know that I have been diagnosed with a learning dissability ( mild dislexia and severe ADHD) and that this is something I have dealt with my whole life. I told them that I would not be able to memorize this whole dialogue and take test in one week, I explained about my learning dissabilities, and asked if I can have more time(repetitive is the only way I learn) or possibly be judged on my performance. They cut me off of leads, told me that I would be judged just like anyone else, and made me take test, of which I failed. I was cut off from all sources of income ( leads) and was terminated within 2 weeks, even though I was a top producer. This doesnt seem right to me, any comments???

cyjeff

What did you present to the company to prove you had a learning disability.

Did you ask for an accommodation under ADA?

gymjim949

Presenting material

I asked if they wanted a dignosis from my Dr. my manager said no. I also told my manager that I needed a meeting with HR to present my documentation. they fired me before I could get to the HR dept.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">