• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

24 hour parking violation VS abandoned vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nfs191

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I parked my car at the end of my street on Monday night. I didnt move the vehicle in Tuesday, Wednesday...by thruday 12:59PM...i got a abandoned vehicle parking ticket...

I am confused why I was given a abandoned vehicle ticket instead of a 24 -hour parking violation...

since there was a severe winter weather on Wednesday...could it help me in contesting the ticket...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

If you exceed 24 hours, it's a one violation, longer or different circumstances it's another.

A vehicle left unattended is considered abanondoned:

after six hours if no tags,
24 hours in places where parking is not permitted,
48 hours in places where parking is permitted,
96 hours on private property without permission of owner

nfs191

Thanks for the info FlyingRon.

In case I want to contest the ticket, would it be any helpful showing the rough weather on wednesday as the excuse.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks for the info FlyingRon.

In case I want to contest the ticket, would it be any helpful showing the rough weather on wednesday as the excuse.
Only if you can prove that it was mother-nature herself who placed your car there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">