• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pbmlewis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Hi, Today I was fired for missing 1 1/2 days of work for my car not working. I was told it was ok and not that I would be fired if I didnt make it in. Now I wanna sue. Now heres a few reasons why.
He called me baby and put his arm around me and massaged...
He made a mandatory work day with less than 12 hours of notice which I think it has to be 48...
He called me into work on my days off multiple times and told me I had to come in even though I was out of town one time...
He commits fraud with out customers...
I just got a raise and I think thats why I was fired as well...
He might not pay me my bonus which I earned with late calls plus he shorted me hours...
I dont have my w2 yet and tom. is last day and they are closed tom.
:mad:

CourtClerk

Your W2 has to be postmarked by tomorrow. So long as he has it in tomorrow's mail, he's fine.

The rest of your post is BS. If you still had a job, you wouldn't have a complaint. You have no case.

pbmlewis

how do u figure its bs....and actually I was trying to make money cuz times are hard now so I let things go but Its bs I get fired over this when I put all this time into this company and put up with all this and then get fired for my car breaking down...

CourtClerk

how do u figure its bs....and actually I was trying to make money cuz times are hard now so I let things go but Its bs I get fired over this when I put all this time into this company and put up with all this and then get fired for my car breaking down...
Exactly. So as long as you were getting paid, you were ok with all this "harrassment." The minute you get fired because YOU can't come to work, suddenly the "harrassment" isn't ok anymore. Which make your claims completely frivolous.

justalayman

because;

1. you can be fired for any reason that is not illegal. What is considered illegal does not include firing you for missing work due to a no-start car.

2. there is no time requirement for call ins or scheduling you to work.

3. while the touching may be a illegal action under certain circumstances, this one time and the situation does not sound like it would fall under illegal. A one time situation where it appears it was intended to console you would generally not be considered sexual harassment.

4. he can call you in to work any time he wants, even if you were in China.

5.he commits fraud with the customers???

Well, since you are aware of this, you are on the hook for it as well. Failing to report a crime in which you presumably benefit makes it look really bad for you.

6. why would he fire you for you getting a raise? As your boss, I would presume he would be the person that gave you the raise or at least gave input to a higher up that would have given the raise. This point makes absolutely no sense.

7. if he fails to pay you for hours worked, call your stated department of labor and file the proper complaint.

8. it's in the mail.

If you do not have it by Monday, you get to call them and inform them of that fact. If it is not recieved by Feb 15 (I believe), then you call the IRS and report it to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">