• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can some one tell me if Undercar LED kits are legal in KY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J216

What is the name of your state? KY/OH

I'm about to move to KY. Last night I got to wondering if the LED light kit that is installed on my car is legal there or not.

I live in Ohio now, I don't believe that they are legal here, unless the car is parked. But, the police in my town really don't bother me about it.

Can someone please help me to clear this up. Any help with the KY or OH law would be greatly appreciated.

mmmagique

My fiance believes that there are no local laws regarding this, only state, and that you can have any color under your car as long as the bulbs are not exposed. You can have any color inside your car except for red. Stay away from "clear corners" (whatever the heck that means...):eek:

I_Got_Banned

My fiance believes that there are no local laws regarding this, only state,
Each state's Vehicle Code applies in every locality. So I'm not sure what you mean by your reply...
Stay away from "clear corners" (whatever the heck that means...):eek:
Clear corners are the turn signals. And those are not illegal in many states as long as they put out an amber light when on. Many cars come with OEM clears.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">