• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor In Consumption questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIC2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I am 18 years old from Nebraska and was recently charged with Minor in Consumption. I had a few questions about my conviction. The night I was charged someone had punched my windshield and broke it so I called the cops. I had been drinking but did not say anything to the cop. He came to where everything happened with my window and looked at it and asked several questions. After talking for a moment he asked me to follow him to the police station. My friend and I were asked to write a report telling what happened with my windshield. We both wrote a statement and he read over them. He asked us to re-write the statements and include the time and date because we hadnt dont so on the first statements. Afterwards he asked us if we had been drinking and my friend admitted it, I on the other hand got scared and said no even though I had drank earlier that night. He then breathalized both of us and wrote out the tickets. After we had been there for about 2 hours my sister came and got us. We asked the officer why he allowed us to follow him and he said he did not smell alcohol on us untill we got down to the station because it was cold outside. Is there anyway I could get out of the Minor in Consumption charge if I fight it or could they give me worse and charge me with a DUI? I would like to fight it if I could since I just got off probation for a previous DUI. If you know anything that could help me please let me know. Thank You!

The Occultist

On what grounds to you plan to fight it? Based on your post, you have no grounds, so if you choose to do so you will absolutely need the aid of an attorney representing you.

MIC2009

Some people have told me that since he let me drive he made a mistake and that I might be able to get off of it. I am not sure of that though so I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask.

The Occultist

Some people have told me that since he let me drive he made a mistake and that I might be able to get off of it. I am not sure of that though so I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask.
He may face problems as far as his job goes, but it will have absolutely no bearing on your case.

MIC2009

Okay thanks. I have ONE more question though, if by bringing that up could they charge me with DUI? Even though he didnt charge me with it that night?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">