• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ 39:3-29 c

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dameonlod

I was recently pulled over by a state police officer and received a ticket for failure to exhibit documents as I could not locate my license and thought I had left it home. It ended up being under my seat pathetically enough. Well my ticket was missing a corner and it had the date of appearance (optional since it was for license). Is there a way to call and reschedule the court date if I missed it or am I stuck paying the $180.00 also for future reference if I have this situation in the future isn't there a 24 hour statue on this type of ticket?

The Occultist

I was recently pulled over by a state police officer and received a ticket for failure to exhibit documents as I could not locate my license and thought I had left it home. It ended up being under my seat pathetically enough.
Assuming you haven't missed the boat already, if you go to court with proof that you are in compliance and you explain your sob story, it's likely you'll see some form of leniency.

Well my ticket was missing a corner and it had the date of appearance (optional since it was for license).
You should have called the court immediately to figure out the correct date.

Is there a way to call and reschedule the court date if I missed it or am I stuck paying the $180.00
Call the court and ask them.

also for future reference if I have this situation in the future isn't there a 24 hour statue on this type of ticket?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking here.

patstew

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here.
I suspect they mean shouldn't they have 24 hours to produce the missing document and have the ticket voided, as that's what happens at my PD (all the time -- people driving without their licenses, sheesh, don't get me started).

For that answer, OP, call the agency that issued the ticket. Go to the source.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">