• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bears

California State. On 5/98 son was injuried taken to our insurance carriers contracting hospital. Bill was paid by our insurance carrier in full within months. Later that year hospital denied bill was paid and demanded payment. Documentation of proof of payment was sent to hospital. On 7/2000 A collection agency demanded payment of same bill, once again I furnished proof of payment. On 2/2001 same collection is once again demanding payment for same bill....this time threatening to ruin our outstanding credit if we do not pay. I still have proof of documentation, but no longer feel the need to supply them with it.....I feel this is harrassment, any suggestions? thank-you, bears

ALawyer

Send a polite reasonale and detailed letter to the CEO of the agency, with proof one more time.

This time also say if they damage your credit you will sue for that, and you are sending a copy of the letter lodging a complaint with the state and local consumer protection agencies and the Federal Trade Commission. And do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">