• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GaEmployee

I am on a bonus program at work (Georgia). a non compete agreement was in my mail box saying in order to receive the bonus the non compete must be signed or no bonus. the stipulations were general. no working for the competitors (list of competitors attached to it) for 12 months. bonus are paid out march 15 of each year. so i will not get the bonus for 2001 until 3/15/02. am i obligated to the non-compete if i leave or am fired before the bonus is paid to me(bonus are paid only if you are on payroll march 15 of the previous years profits, so if i leave/fired on or before 3/14/02, i will not get the 2001 bonus)? also, can i be fired for not signing it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">