• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charge-possession marijauana less than ounce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MsKita08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I NEED HELP!!

ok it was 3 of us in a car & the police pulled us over for speeding. Wen he walked up 2 the car he asked for license and registration. He went back to his car & proceeded to write a ticket. Then he asked me to step out of the car (I was driving). By this time another police had arrived. He said that he'd smelled marijuana & asked if there was anything in my car & I told him no. He got the other 2 people out of the car & made them stand with me. He got his dog & searched my car. After the dog searched, the policeman was taking him back to the car & he jumped up & bit him!!! The policeman went back to my car for a hand search while we stood there with the 2nd policeman. Next thing I know he's putting us in handcuffs. I asked, "What did he find?" & the 2nd police, with a smirk on his face replyed, "He asked if u had anything in there & if so let him know." He placed us inside his police car, then he went to my car with the other policeman. When he decided to come back to the car, he proceeded in taking us to jail while the 1st policeman was still in my car!!! Now I've found out that he lied in his police report. Saying that nobody fessed up to the drugs but we were never asked or shown what it was that he'd supposedly found (4 baggies and marijuana residue on the floor where we dumped it out at). & that we weren't able to post bond, which we did as soon as we got there. But he failed to mention the dog biting. We are getting charged with possession less than ounce.

I didnt have anything in my car so is possible that they put it there?
If his own dog bit him then that means he had something on him right?

& if he found 4 baggies that I supposedly dumped marijuana out of then wouldn't it be actual marijuana on the floor and not residue?

Do we need a lawyer or will the judge be on our side?

I've never been in trouble ever!!!

Last edited:

Jobbo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I NEED HELP!!

ok it was 3 of us in a car & the police pulled us over for speeding. Wen he walked up 2 the car he asked for license and registration. He went back to his car & proceeded to write a ticket. Then he asked me to step out of the car (I was driving). By this time another police had arrived. He said that he'd smelled marijuana & asked if there was anything in my car & I told him no. He got the other 2 people out of the car & made them stand with me. He got his dog & searched my car. After the dog searched, the policeman was taking him back to the car & he jumped up & bit him!!! The policeman went back to my car for a hand search while we stood there with the 2nd policeman. Next thing I know he's putting us in handcuffs. I asked, "What did he find?" & the 2nd police, with a smirk on his face replyed, "He asked if u had anything in there & if so let him know." He placed us inside his police car, then he went to my car with the other policeman. When he decided to come back to the car, he proceeded in taking us to jail while the 1st policeman was still in my car!!! Now I've found out that he lied in his police report. Saying that nobody fessed up to the drugs but we were never asked or shown what it was that he'd supposedly found (4 baggies and marijuana residue on the floor where we dumped it out at). & that we weren't able to post bond, which we did as soon as we got there. But he failed to mention the dog biting. We are getting charged with possession less than ounce.

I didnt have anything in my car so is possible that they put it there?
If his own dog bit him then that means he had something on him right?

& if he found 4 baggies that I supposedly dumped marijuana out of then wouldn't it be actual marijuana on the floor and not residue?

Do we need a lawyer or will the judge be on our side?

I've never been in trouble ever!!!
Yes - you need a lawyer. No, the Judge will not be on your side in the slightest.

The Court will appoint a lawyer. However, the court appointed lawyer's caseload will probably be too heavy to spend much time doing more than the bare minimum on your case.

Depending on how much you'd like to keep a misdemeanor marijuana conviction off of your record (think job applications, college applications, etc), think about retaining a private lawyer - it's a pretty important purchase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">