• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

in major need of help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joshsp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I was recently fired from my job (front desk hotel) when i was caught taking some money from the cash register about 70 dollars. It all happened when my boss called me in his office and told me what he could do. he never called the cops on me i gave him the money back already, now he is saying i owe him 400 dollars because i checked people in the hotel and they got away without paying(this all happened like a 2 weeks later. can he charge this to me?) so he has me at a very bad position because i don't want this on my record so i told him i will pay him back. i go home after all this happend a few days later he sends his right hand man to collect 400 dollars from me, i told him i didnt have any money, he then proceeds to tell me hes gonna take 400 dollars worth of my stuff and threatens to call the police. so i do so in order to keep this away from the police (this just happened). now im wondering if what they are doing is illegal and what are my options any help will be greatly appreciated.

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I was recently fired from my job (front desk hotel) when i was caught taking some money from the cash register about 70 dollars. It all happened when my boss called me in his office and told me what he could do. he never called the cops on me i gave him the money back already, now he is saying i owe him 400 dollars because i checked people in the hotel and they got away without paying(this all happened like a 2 weeks later. can he charge this to me?) so he has me at a very bad position because i don't want this on my record so i told him i will pay him back. i go home after all this happend a few days later he sends his right hand man to collect 400 dollars from me, i told him i didnt have any money, he then proceeds to tell me hes gonna take 400 dollars worth of my stuff and threatens to call the police. so i do so in order to keep this away from the police (this just happened). now im wondering if what they are doing is illegal and what are my options any help will be greatly appreciated.
You mean can they take your assets without a court order.

No.

That would be stealing.

Call the police.

He cannot just take your stuff... but if you call the police, that would be the perfect time for him to let them in on the whole story :eek:

cyjeff

He cannot just take your stuff... but if you call the police, that would be the perfect time for him to let them in on the whole story :eek:
See, this is what happens when you steal.

You give the person you least want to have it complete control over your life.

I wonder when they will come back to get the laptop and TV?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">