• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy violation at the time of termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

profsam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My employer terminated my employment recently. I disagree with my employers reason why he terminated my employment. Since employment is at will, I do not care. I can find some other employment. I feel that my privacy was violated.

My supervisor (CEO) of the company sent an email to all the employees in the company why I was terminated. I feel that there is no reason to let every one know the reason in the company. I did nothing illegal or immoral activity. I am a industry veteran and am still energetic and up to date with my area of expertise.

I worked for 5 months with the employer.

I feel that I was insulted with the email sent to every one in the company.

Any advice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

profsam

I am absolutely not interested in money. I DO want to teach my employer a lesson. Individual privacy is well respected in our country.

Can I take my former employer to court and make him learn something?

Do you think it is a waste of time?

eerelations

Read ecmst12's response again. Your former employer has done nothing illegal. You therefore cannot sue your former employer. Period.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it is a waste of time. Regardless of what you or I may think about it, he may legally take out a billboard on the I-5 telling everyone who passes by why you were fired. That is NOT legally protected information. As long as what he says is true, he can have it broadcast on CNN if he wants to and if Wolf Blitzer will read the report.

There may or may not have been "a reason" to send the e-mail. Sending it broke no laws and violated no protected rights of yours.

cyjeff

And, more importantly, the CEO, your direct superior or anyone else in the company can tell whomever calls for a reference why you were terminated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">