• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Run around

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aimes913

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I received a parking ticket way back in November while visiting family in NJ, along with a ticket for failing to present proof of insurance. I did have valid insurance on the vehicle so I am not too worried about the ticket, but my question is regarding the way the court handled my case. On my tickets, I was scheduled to appear on 12/5/09; however the officer that ticketed me never filed his paperwork and this court date was never even entered into the system. The only reason I even have a court date is because I called the court to request a postponement, at which time I was scheduled for three more dates until the court finally decided to have me plea by mail. Is it worth mentioning the headache that the court has caused me for the past four months to the judge?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

... On my tickets, I was scheduled to appear on 12/5/09; however the officer that ticketed me never filed his paperwork and this court date was never even entered into the system. The only reason I even have a court date is because I called the court to request a postponement, at which time I was scheduled for three more dates until the court finally decided to have me plea by mail. Is it worth mentioning the headache that the court has caused me for the past four months to the judge?
When 12/5/09 comes around, fight it in court.

aimes913

Correction: the original court date was 12/5/08 but no appointment was actually scheduled, despite my ticket indicating that I was required to appear at that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">