• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick question in property ownership transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawboi

Hello, I am from Indiana and I have a question about ownership transfer. Lets say that a person brings a contract where the other person will give up his/her assets and will comply with future documents (notary public, etc). The person signs it along with the person with the contract. Can this simple example lead to ownership transfer? Notice how this contract can lead to another contract. Is this allowed?

PS. I am a student for a law class, and help is needed. Thanks.

lawboi

im actually in a intro law class to be more specific and a freshman. I see the current basics such as the offer/consideration/acceptance, but I was wondering something as simple as the scenario above can be taken into consideration.

Im sorry if the example is kind of naive

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">