• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peace24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny
my Dad pass away leaving my younger brother as the executor. The will stipulates where I am to leave in conclusion of the death of my father.My brother was left all properties. My brother refuses to allow me to abide by the will by not allowing access to the home the will says im to move to.

I don't have the money to hire an attorney. The home I do live in is the home in which he was suppose to live. my brother was left I home I live in as well as the home I am to live in. My brother has keys to this home and has been terrorizing me by taking my property and invading my privacy. I have ask to move to the assign home however he refuses. I am additionally scare for my life because I am aware of financial knowledge that can send my brother to jail. I am afraid he will hurt me. I know I can go to an attorney however I am afraid he can hurt me. I have spoken with the police.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

Start interviewing with a few different attorneys by setting up an appointment or visiting their offices in person. Eventually one is going to be sympathetic enough to help you. Your attorney can guide you through the probate process and represent your interests before the court to that the terms of the will can be enforced. You need an attorney to look at the will to see if you are interpreting it correctly. Your father may have made a mistake in the language or could have written something that is not legally correct that might affect your ability to live in the home that is mentioned.

If you do nothing, you lose. You also need to ask whether you need to ask for a restraining order against him.

What is the nature of the information you have against him? Has he done something against the law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">