• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fbedra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am one phone call from being fired, my ex Common law wife will not stop calling my employers and leaving messages about what a rotten person I am.
I filed charges but the police have yet to do anything.
I do not want to lose my job. they have blocked her email , her phone numbers yet she continues. now the company has said they can do nothing to her but they can let me go. I have done nothing wrong on the job its Her and I do not even live with the woman.
is there anyway I protect myself from being let go due to an others actions. the company asked me to do whatever it took to stop this and I have. I purchased a vehical, moved away,blocked her calls email, filed charges .

this is killing me. the way the economy is it should be crime alone to fre anyone at this time when its not them causing issues.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, but this falls under the category of "possibly unfair but not illegal". You may not be doing anything but your ex is causing a disturbance for the employer that they would not be going through if you were not there.

Fair? No. Illegal? No.

mommyof4

Mommy, you cannot claim that both of his threads are duplicates...its one or the other.
I know, I just wanted to make sure that those that primarily read the employment boards are aware that this thread was here and vice versa. So, you can pick which thread you prefer to be the duplicate. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">