• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This Question May be more of a Privacy Issue...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scoobysnackx4u

Here's the Q...........I go to a college in New York, the other day we played with the fire alarm thing in our room (yes I know that was in the category of "not suposed to do"....anyways when we took it down and looked at it, it appears not be that great of a fire alarm. It has no water hook up to it nor no alarm. There is however apparently a Co-Axal cable (I believe I have that term right). These (according to my roomie)are belonging to vidoe cameras. I am doubting that there are truly cameras in these rooms but the more I think about the more I worry about it and the more I think that is possible because it doesn't make ense for these cables to be any type of fire alarm. Any firemen out there that can shed some insight. Or anybody got any advice. I would feel stupid bringing in someone for it and it not be want at least 5 people think it is. It is a private college and if you went here.....trust me you would have reason to suspect them. If it did turn out to be a camera what would be my rights under the law. What entitlements could I recieve if I did take them to court.

ALawyer

If it's a camera, big time bad PR would hit them, apart from legal problems as many states have laws that make eavesdropping and the like illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">