• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with unemployment hearings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tskellyfla

Hi. I'm in Georgia, and long story short, I was caught by a department head using a cell phone (first offense) for what i feel was an emergency. I was on the phone trying to save my house from being foreclosed. I was suspended for 3 days then upon returning to work I was let go. I filed for unemployment and was awarded it. Now two months later my former employer is appealing it. What i would like to know is what do I need to bring to the hearing. I know the burden of proof is on them and they are going to try to use 3 verbal warnings (over a twenty month period.) of which two of them I called out under doctors orders because of a stomach virus. I handle food, cooking and preping. I'm confused as to what I need to have with me. Any advice will help. Thanks

Beth3

I was caught by a department head using a cell phone (first offense) for what i feel was an emergency. I was on the phone trying to save my house from being foreclosed. I don't mean this to sound harsh but that's not an emergency. You would have known a forclosure action was coming for at least several months.

All you can do is go to the hearing and state the facts. Bring copies of the doctor's notes for your illnesses if you have them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">