• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LLoydJJ23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I had a job at a company, through a temp agency, they wanted to hire me to work for them full time, not through a temp agency anymore, while still in the temp the other company gave me a drug test, I know for sure it was a fale positive but they refuse to send it to another lab. I was wondering if its illegal for the temp agency to refuse to find me another job when they did not give me a drug test themselves. Basically they are using the results from the company in which i was going to be employed for.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Barring a bona fide, legally enforceable contract that guarantees placement (which the agency would be foolish to include in a contract since it's not entirely within their control) they have no legal obligation to find you a job. Ever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">