• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Notserpl

I am in the State of Georgia. I was recently fired by my company for reasons unknown. Several recent times during my employment, I was told by my immediate supervisor that I was doing a good job, but it was her supervisor that fired me. My question is that I was there for 1 year and 3 months. I had acquired 2 weeks of vacation which I had not taken. When speaking with the person that fired me, I asked if I was going to receive my vacation pay. His response to me was that when you are fired you don't get it. I want to know if this is true, and if not, what recourse can I take to get my pay.

Thank you

ALawyer

Write to the senior amangement; if it was accrued you are entitled to it. Or take them to small claims court, but then don't expect a reference to omit the fact that you sued also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">