• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not offered the opportunity.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Suleste

I'm not sure if my last post got through, but here it goes again in a nutshell...My supervisor has allowed her lover to work on big projects that is career progression for managers. My supervisor's partner is a temporary employee and there is no real job title for what she is doing. The temporary employee was contracted to do some work, then the contract expired. At the beginning of 2001 this individual is back a temporary employee. Myself and the nine other managers were not offered this opportunity. My supervisor's partner makes decisions that affects operations...is this unethical or what? When I presented my personal situation to both of my managers I was told find a babysitter or leave because there is no other opportunity in the company to help me since I am a single parent. In the meantime, the temporary employee is working on day shift and reaping benefits that I or the nine other managers could benefit from as far as career progression. I smell something fishy with this.

ALawyer

I do too. Most companies have rules against supervisors supervising family or lovers, but that is not to protect other employees but to preserve a sense of fairness and avoid favoritism. Does senior management know? If you tell them then remember the supervisor will be angry, and if it gets to it is "you or me" it won't be you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">