• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help !! It's urgent ....Do I have a case ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bryms

I am a working for consulting company based in Florida. I work in Virginia at the client place. At the time of job appointment company had offered an award( in form sum amount) which would be paid at the end of 3 consecutive year of employement with the company. I have it written in my appointment letter. According to that I will be completing 3 year on March 2, 2001(they call it anniversary date). But employer issued termination letter with 30 days notice in Feb, which makes March 15,2001 to be my last day with company.

Few days back,I had enquired with my employer about when would I be paid this award?, and answer was the month after the anniversary date ie. in my case I would be paid in April. This is not mentioned anywhere in company policy which instead says the award will be paid at end of 3 consecutive year of employement and employee needs to be with company at the time of payment.

Now, since I had been laid off , I wont be with the company in april to receive an award, but I am completing 3 years of service with employer, which is the main criteria for getting the award.

My question is, Can I go to court with this, if my employer refuses to pay me this award.

Thanks
BRYMS

ALawyer

Yes. It vests tomorrow, 3/2. That you will not be there on 4/2 is irrelevant. A lawyers letter should do the trick if you can't persuade them without a threat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">