• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed Court Date/now has a warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Irisss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee What can we do to fix this? My son missed his court date and an appointment with his probation officer. His probation fines were paid off but he still has a few hundred dollars left in court fees to pay. How do we get him out of this trouble. He has never been in trouble before and his probation should have ended in October 2008 but now he has a warrant out.

racer72

I would suggest at a minimum calling the probation officer, best option would be to visit his/her office. If he does go to the office, he might want to bring his toothbrush, the court may want to put him up at the Graybar Hotel for a bit to show him that missing court dates is something they take very seriously.

Indiana Filer

In addition, I would suggest someone go in and pay off those court fees ASAP. We like getting the money we're owed. It could make the judge be less harsh, especially since failure to pay fees is one of the reasons for the probation violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">