• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worked in the public sector & was fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joe W

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvannia
I was fired for making a mistake on my expense report. My odometer is broken so I guessed at the milage. One of my entrees was questioned by my supervisor so I took it upon myself to mapquest all my milage for the last 4 months. I relized that I over calculated the milage so I immediately paid back all the overage monies. 3 days later I was fired. The county is now appealing my unemployment and threating legal action. Waht should I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvannia
I was fired for making a mistake on my expense report. My odometer is broken so I guessed at the milage. One of my entrees was questioned by my supervisor so I took it upon myself to mapquest all my milage for the last 4 months. I relized that I over calculated the milage so I immediately paid back all the overage monies. 3 days later I was fired. The county is now appealing my unemployment and threating legal action. Waht should I do?
I would suggest you look for a new job.

Beth3

Ditto.

From your employer's perspective, you had been over stating your mileage for months and only came clean in an attempt to save your job after your supervisor raised the issue. If you paid back the overpaid mileage, I don't know what legal action they could be threatening though.

If your odometer was broken, you should have been using mapquest all along to report your mileage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">