• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this Los Angeles ticket be beat?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aubsman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi - I got a parking ticket today within a couple of minutes after my meter ran out. The meter man handed me the ticket in person. When I fumed about this to a friend of mine, she informed me that, by law, parking enforcers are not allowed to distribute tickets to the person in question if he or she returns to their vehicle while the ticket is being written. Therefore, my ticket would be invalid.

Does anyone know if this is true? I've spent some time trying to research LA traffic law online, but there's not even the scarcest resource available. The only thing that pops up is the Parking Violation Bureau's very scant and uninformative website.

Thanks.

patstew

I've spent some time trying to research LA traffic law online, but there's not even the scarcest resource available. The only thing that pops up is the Parking Violation Bureau's very scant and uninformative website.
Did it have a phone number? Didja call it?

The reason you got the ticket is because the violation had already taken place. I don't know why so many people think it should be taken back, just because they return. Makes no sense.

CdwJava

Hi - I got a parking ticket today within a couple of minutes after my meter ran out. The meter man handed me the ticket in person. When I fumed about this to a friend of mine, she informed me that, by law, parking enforcers are not allowed to distribute tickets to the person in question if he or she returns to their vehicle while the ticket is being written. Therefore, my ticket would be invalid.
Your friend is wrong. There might be some agency policy that discourages this, but it is NOT against the law.

- Carl

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Does anyone know if this is true? I've spent some time trying to research LA traffic law online, but there's not even the scarcest resource available. The only thing that pops up is the Parking Violation Bureau's very scant and uninformative website.

Thanks.

**A: request the actual reference that your friend is referring to. Then when friend can't produce such, advise friend not to say things that are not true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">