• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor in consumption and drivers license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fit_freak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

at an apartment party at nine o'clock make one mixed drink of exactly one ounce of vodka mixed with 8 ounces of sprite (i used to bartend so i know how to measure out my liquids quite well) drink about half of it before spilling it all over my shirt. the police come to the apartment more than likely for a noise complaint. ten people all underage on the porch drinking beers rush into the apartment and lock the door behind the cops and don't bother to tell any one else that the police are out side. about thirty minutes later the police officer at the door decided to bang on it as hard as he could, that's when the people who slammed the door on his face told the owner that the cops were out side and started to find places to hide. long story short the police come in ask for ages and ID's. make the owner of the apartment poor out every single bit of alcohol in the apartment then have her open the doors to her bed room, closet and bathroom to find all of the folks who were hiding. the do field sobriety tests on those who said that they had absolutely nothing to drink and let them go. i didn't say that i did or did not have anything to drink because i knew that it had not been an hour since i consumed so it was definitely in my blood. when the police start lining every one up to write citations one comes to me and asks if i had anything to drink. i told her yes i had about a half of a mixed drink earlier, she does the eye test tells me that i was good, has me take nine steps heel to toe then turn around and do it again once again told me i was good then told me to take a deep breathe and blow into her face, so i did. she told me that she could not smell it on my breathe but smelled it on my clothes. needless to say she wrote the citation, i signed and left with a friend.

this is where my situation starts, when i get into the car i start looking at the ticket and see that she wrote "alcohol/marijuana" and checked "paraphernalia found"??? apparently one of the girls who went before me had a bag of pot and a pipe in her purse and was taken to jail for it.

1.i need to know if that "marijuana" and "paraphernalia found" will worsen the penalties? and if so if there was any way to prove in court that i did not have any pot of pipes on me and that i DON'T smoke pot. I'm not trying to beat the MIC because i know i had it in my system and i admitted it to the police officer, but i refuse to have the word marijuana on my record because i have and never will touch the stuff.

2. what are the penalties for an MIC in Texas? i know there is a fine not to exceed $500 and that I'm going to have to take AA classes. is there anything else that is going to happen to me? I am just worried about having my licensed suspended, can it happen? and what are the chances of it happening?

FlyingRon

Texas allows minors to be bartenders? Gee, I thought they were more conservative than that. Your story is NOT convincing.

MIC is a fine of $250-2000 or up to 180 days in jail.
In addition for the first offense, 8-12 hours of community service and a 30 day license suspension.

A deferred sentence is possible in which you will take a alcohol awareness course (not AA) and pay costs.

The MJ can get you $2000 and 180 days too. Paraphernalia is a $500 fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">