• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend arrested, imprisoned, but no charges..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ektrippen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

A friend of mine was arrested and book on felony 1 kidnapping and f2 felonious assault.
His wife was mad and wanted to prove a point she could get him out the house. There close to divorce. She made up that he wouldn't let her leave the house and held her back. Honestly, its the other way around, she tosses him around.
This was 3 weeks ago.
Charges have not gone through court, No attorney was provided for bond hearing, Hell one has still not been appointed. He is considered indigent through the courts. The courts keep moving him around from cleveland to Medina to warren. This is making it impossible to see him and to provide a attorney.

He had a previous felony of receiving stolen goods, so it did not look good on his part.

She has dropped charges but the detective has not.
She admits she did it to prove it to him and teach him a lesson.

Thoughts?

B.t.w, Any good criminal defense attorneys in Ohio? How can I find a good one for him. We all know the court will appoint the laziest, dumbest attorney available to accept the min. wage pay.

outonbail

B.t.w, Any good criminal defense attorneys in Ohio? How can I find a good one for him. We all know the court will appoint the laziest, dumbest attorney available to accept the min. wage pay.
Take this unnecessary and obviously clueless opinion out of your post and you may receive some sound advice.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

A friend of mine was arrested and book on felony 1 kidnapping and f2 felonious assault.
THOSE are the charges.

His wife was mad and wanted to prove a point she could get him out the house. There close to divorce. She made up that he wouldn't let her leave the house and held her back. Honestly, its the other way around, she tosses him around.
This was 3 weeks ago.
And he did not file charges against her when HE was being thrown around by HER?

Charges have not gone through court, No attorney was provided for bond hearing, Hell one has still not been appointed. He is considered indigent through the courts. The courts keep moving him around from cleveland to Medina to warren. This is making it impossible to see him and to provide a attorney.
Why are they moving him around through different counties? Please explain. Did he have charges in other areas?

He had a previous felony of receiving stolen goods, so it did not look good on his part.

She has dropped charges but the detective has not.
She doesn't have the power to drop the charges. The detective does NOT drop the charges. Only the STATE can drop the charges.

She admits she did it to prove it to him and teach him a lesson.

Thoughts?
Yeah. You don't know all of the facts.
Your friend can rot in jail. Okay? For your information Court appointed defense attorney positions are highly sought after. The fact that you are ignorant says a lot about why your friend is still in jail. HENCE YOU DO NOT KNOW ALL THE FACTS.

ektrippen

And he did not file charges against her when HE was being thrown around by HER?

Why are they moving him around through different counties? Please explain. Did he have charges in other areas?

Your friend can rot in jail. Okay? For your information Court appointed defense attorney positions are highly sought after. The fact that you are ignorant says a lot about why your friend is still in jail. HENCE YOU DO NOT KNOW ALL THE FACTS.
How often does a cute girl get put in jail for domestic? Rare

hes on his 4th jail in 2 weeks.

As for the court appointed attorney, Why would they care if they win or loose?? They get paid ether way, $350 is average felony case pay for quick case. They charge $3500 + if the defendant pays.
After dealing first hand with court appointed attorneys I have lost faith in them working for you and not for the court.

cyjeff

How often does a cute girl get put in jail for domestic? Rare
I recommend you use the search function at the top of this page.

It happens all the time.

hes on his 4th jail in 2 weeks.
Which doesn't answer the question.

As for the court appointed attorney, Why would they care if they win or loose?? They get paid ether way, $350 is average felony case pay for quick case. They charge $3500 + if the defendant pays.
After dealing first hand with court appointed attorneys I have lost faith in them working for you and not for the court.
That is like asking whether a highly paid batter intends to strike out when he comes to the plate.

They do it for the experience and, believe it or not, their won/loss record.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
All criminal attorneys get paid either way -- they don't do cases on contingency. Or are you saying your buddy won't pay if he doesn't win? Oh okay. Again, your friend can rot in jail. Be it his 4th, 6th or 12th this month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">