• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roommate trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chissie

i live in california and share a 2 bedroom apartment with one roommate. i recently went out of town for a weekend and when i returned noticed that my car was gone. my roommate told me my tires had been slashed and she had had my car towed to a garage to have new tires put on, she said she would pay for the tires and i could pay her back later. i got my car back with the new tires and all was fine, until my roomate confessed to me a few days later that she was the one who slashed my tires because she was frustrated and having some personal problems in her life. knowing that my roommate could commit a violent crime has made me feel uneasy living in the same apartment and i asked her to move out, she said she would, but six weeks later, she's still here. i've asked my landlady for advice but she says we have both signed the lease and doesn't want to get involved. this living situation is beginning to create a lot of stress in my life. my questions: can i legally make my roommate move out? and/or is it possible to get a restraining order against my roommate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">