• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining monies from the defendants

• Thread starter roxanne johnson
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roxanne johnson

How do I go about recieving the funds from the defendants after judgement was awarded to me the plaintif?

I lost in District Court, appealed in Civil Court and the District Court decision was reversed in my favor, Jan 12, 2001. March 1, I sent a letter to the plaintifs to pay in full the amount of $1048.00 by the 12th.

How do I go about getting the money?

JETX

Now comes the 'fun' part... trying to enforce your judgment.

Procedures are different for each state and since you didn't follow the rules on this forum (see the RED text at the top of the screen), we can't give you a specific answer.

First thing you have to do, since you won on appeal, is to contact the original court and make sure that the judgment was entered properly.

Then I would suggest going by a bookstore or a large library and getting a book titled something like, "How to win in court", try to find one specific to your state. In the back will probably be a chapter on how to collect.

If need be, leave your details at my website and I will try to refer you to someone in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">