• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to resign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DMalone176

from november 1998 to january 2000, i worked for a well known consumer electronics store as a loss prevention associate. dusring that time i was promoted, given a substantial raise, perfect job evaluation scores, well liked and respected by everyone from cashiers to the district staff. everything was going well until late 1999, when i was offered money for sex from another employee. before that i was constantly sexually harassed by other male associates, but told to "overlook" it so i could keep my promotion. i finally came forward and reported the harassment when i could stand it no longer. the district hr manager came to the store questioned the male employees i named as harassers and gave them a slap on the wrist. i on the other hand was labled as a "troublemaker". someone fabricated a story that i was involved sexually with the inventory manager, and eventually i was forced to resign. i was given 2 weeks severance pay, but not allowed to work out a 2 week notice. i wrote on my resignation that i was leaving to pursue other career oppportunities, yet in their computer they put that i was fired due to an improper relationship with a manager. it was that manager who entered that info in the computer. i want my job back at a new store they are opening, but they say i am not eligible for rehire...do I have any recourse? I did nothing wrong.
I live in Alabama, by the way.

ALawyer

Forget getting the job back. This is a real sexual harassment case, and if what you say is true, falsification of records and defamation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">