• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harlldvdson

My brother and his grlfriend found a lottery ticket and went to cash it in. They then found out that it was a fake ticket, they left and did not think any more about it. All this happened in 1995. A couple of months later the FBI came to their work and talk to them about it and they left. Nothing was ever done to their knowledge. Well Monday, Feb. 26,2001 my brother goes to renew his drivers license and they pick him up on a warrant that had been issued. He was never charged with anything, but his is now sitting in jail because of this fake ticket. Is there a statute of limitations on this? Someone told me that the statute of limitations law was no longer. Can anyone tell me anything. HELP PLEASE. Harley in Texas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">