• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another job elimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

videorx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I am a 48 white male that had open heart surgery in July 2008 returned to work in Dec 2008 and after returning from a bereavement leave, Jan 29th 2009 they gave me 2 weeks . I have a standard severance agreement but feel I may be being
discriminated for age and health reasons. I worked there (a major bank) since Aug 2007 in a Director level position in good standing. Reason given: reduction in workforce.

Could you review the agreement and make recommendations on the
situation? I end my employment 2/13. Thank you for your consideration.

Could you review the agreement and make recommendations on the situation?
What agreement? You didn't give any specifics.

I have a standard severance agreement but feel I may be being discriminated for age and health reasons.
You need more than a "feeling". What proof do you have? Or do you have none, and you're just grasping at straws?

I worked there (a major bank) since Aug 2007 in a Director level position in good standing. Reason given: reduction in workforce.
"Reduction in Workforce" is not code for "You're too old, get the heck out of here". Nothing necessarily sounds illegal from this. You need to provide more detail

HomeGuru

I am a 48 white male that had open heart surgery in July 2008 returned to work in Dec 2008 and after returning from a bereavement leave, Jan 29th 2009 they gave me 2 weeks . I have a standard severance agreement but feel I may be being
discriminated for age and health reasons. I worked there (a major bank) since Aug 2007 in a Director level position in good standing. Reason given: reduction in workforce.

**A: reduction of workforce is a valid reason for terminating your employment. I see no discrimination.

Antigone*

They are dropping like flies in our line of business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">