• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

planted evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NouraC

in november of 2000 i was arrested in my home in colorado for posession of methamphetamines. the police had a warent to arrest my boyfriend for distribution and sales and he gave concent for them to search his bedroom only. i showed the one undercover officer where the room was and gathered what empty baggies i could find and gave them to him. i specifically checked a particular box of mine to make sure there was no drugs in it. we left the room and later the officer was joined by another undercover officer who had been down in the shed below our house. together the two officers went back to the room to "do a more thourough search of the rooom. when i asked, they absolutely refused for me to be present while my belongings were being searched and sent me downstairs. then they called me back and asked "what's this?" pointing to a coffee filter with filter trash in it. they say that it was in the box that i had checked just a few minutes earlier and found to be free of any drugs. i said that it looked like trash to me, and they sent me back downstairs. a few minutes later, they came down and said that based on what they found in my boyfriend's room, they had enough to arrest me for possesion. i have never in my 23 years of existance been in trouble with the law, and now i am looking at a class 4 felony for something that the police planted in my bfs room. please give me some advice on what i should do. thanks. noura

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Being around trouble invites trouble.

You don't know for sure if the drugs were indeed planted or if your boyfriend had them somewhere in the room. You need a lawyer to get this quietly and quickly dismissed on your behalf. http://www.attorneypages.com

Otherwise, you could be looking at a long time in jail for no reason.

N

NouraC

more detail on planted evidence

I read your reply to my post "planted evidence" and I know for a FACT that the cops put it into the room. First off, very few coffee filters even come into th house. Any coffee filters that come into the house are neatly folded in half, then in thirds towards the middle and then folded in small incriments towards the top to insure that none falls out. This one was twisted up and rolled into a ball. I am an extremely picky tweeker that buys 2x2" baggies in bulk --1000 at a time for about $9.00. Since my boyfriend squirms so much, as soon as the filters dry completely they are emptied into baggies to avoid any unnecessary spillage. Then the empty filter or filter trash is rolled into a ball and thrown into the fire place. Ocasionally one misses the fireplace and lands on the floor. That is where the filter came from. Not in the house but in the shed outside, two floors down and half an acre from the house. By the way, my boyfriend's room is also my room and has been for over a year now, and if there had been almost a gram of dope in the room, we wouldn't have been sleeping when the cops got there, especially concidering the fact that it was my birthday. Plese reply to my reply. thankssomuch, noura

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Then you still need a lawyer to get you out of this. This lawyer should, via witness testimony, try to establish your obsessive compulsive behavior with coffee filters to show the court there is no way it came from your stashing it but rather from cops planting it. Get it?

http://www.attorneypages.com

zippysgoddess

LOL! Sorry about that, I was scrolling through some various posts, to catch up since I was unable to be on the forums for awhile, I didn't realize until after I replied, how old it was.

Suffice it to say that my new pain meds are VERY good. LOL!

zippysgoddess

Son of Slam, I am not, nor have I EVER been a troll, thank you very much. You can ask IAAL, Veronica, DebtGuy, or JetX about me. I come and try to help people when I can, I sometimes ask advice, and like to learn things from replies to posts. I have better things to do with my time, I have been registered here for awhile, under the same username, never banned or change my username. I suffer a medical condition and have chronic pain, so I wasn't on the boards much for quite awhile, and was just trying to catch up. So keep your nasty comments to yourself! Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">