• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fix It tickets on old car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JWolfe0126

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So I ended up getting two fix it tickets one night for not being the registered driver of the car (my girlfriend's car) and my proof of insurance was apparently expired. The car was in bad shape, and we ended up getting a new one before taking car of the fix it tickets. Now here in lies a problem, I don't know how I'm going to take care of those tickets as they were for the old car and not the new one. The registration on the new car includes both my girlfriend and the insurance was just transferred over. Is there anything I can do about the situation?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So I ended up getting two fix it tickets one night for not being the registered driver of the car (my girlfriend's car) and my proof of insurance was apparently expired. The car was in bad shape, and we ended up getting a new one before taking car of the fix it tickets. Now here in lies a problem, I don't know how I'm going to take care of those tickets as they were for the old car and not the new one. The registration on the new car includes both my girlfriend and the insurance was just transferred over. Is there anything I can do about the situation?
What kind of ticket is "not being the registered driver of the car"? (What, EXACTLY were you cited with?)
As for the insurance - ask for a letter from your agent/insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">